While we are still living with the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, we remain positive and hopeful that it will be a better year for all of us. As more people get vaccinated, our chances of catching and spreading the virus decrease. Nonetheless, we all must remain vigilant about protecting ourselves, our families, and our community by wearing masks, maintaining social distance, and washing our hands frequently. The physical, mental health, and well-being of youth, families, and staff is our top priority. Our aim is to provide the same level of excellent comprehensive care management services in a variety of ways that meet families where they are at. This
can include Face to Face visits, confidential video conferencing, and increased phone and/or texting contact.
For more information on COVID-19 please refer to:
- The NJ COVID-19 Information Hub https://covid19.nj.gov/ (English) and https://covid19.nj.gov/es (Spanish)
- Visit the CDC, Center for Disease Control Website
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (24/7)
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
- Call (Medical COVID-19 Questions): 1-800-962-1253
- The COVID Alert NJ app
- FEDERAL RESOURCES: Coronavirus.gov & USA.gov/Coronavirus
If your child or someone you know is experiencing distress during these challenging times, there is help.
- Know the Signs: All kids have bad days, but trauma and life-changing events can create lasting challenges. Find out how.
- Social Distancing Anxiety: For children and youth with disorders or mental health diagnoses, COVID-19 may heighten their anxiety and distress. Learn more.
- Get helpful info on Teen Mental Health Tips.
- Children’s System of Care: New Jersey’s free or low-cost behavioral health system for kids up to age 21 provides eligible youth with coordinated access to mental health support, substance use treatment, and services for intellectual or developmental disabilities. Get more details.
For help, call Performcare NJ: Open 24/7 and can be reached at (877) 652-7624 or www.performcarenj.org.
Cynthia Heller, LCSW
Chief Executive Officer, Circle of Care